EN 12365:2003 certification across the entire Q-Lon range
Seal performance is of critical importance for the overall efficiency of windows and doors
The watertightness of windows, which must meet the requirements of EN 14351-1:2016, is directly proportional to the performance of the weatherseals installed. It follows that the EN 12365:2003 classification of seals should always be a primary factor to consider when selecting a product.
EN 12365:2003 is a European standard that prescribes in detail the performance requirements of seals for doors, windows, shutters and facades. Seals control the passage of air, water, and noise and define the thermal transmittance between fixed and openable components of doors and windows.
SchlegelGiesse has always insisted on giving its customers products that meet the maximum performance requirements. That’s why EN 12365:2003 certification has been extended to cover all products in the Schlegel Q-Lon range. From today, you can use any product in the Q-Lon range to replace other EN 12365:2003 certified weatherseals with equivalent or lower classification labels.
Based on a unique blend of materials and unprecedented technical performance, Q-Lon offers the highest possible sealing standards, even in extreme conditions.
An unwavering commitment to research and development combined with meticulous checking of materials and quality make Q-Lon one of the most acclaimed sealing systems in the sector.
The exclusive benefits offered by Q-Lon foam weatherseals in terms of materials and functions include:
- Excellent and long-lasting elastic memory – ability to recover their original shape after compression
- Stability – a rigid insert or internal fibreglass thread assures reduced or virtually zero elongation
- Ease of compression – low compression forces that are unaffected by temperature changes
- Acoustics – outstanding acoustic performance
- Thermal conductivity – unprecedented thermal performance
- Impervious to paints and stains – the product’s properties are unaffected by contact with commonly used paints and stains
- Stabilised – unaffected by rot, mould, UV radiation and ozone
- Colours – white, black, brown, grey and many other colour options
- Temperature – wide operating range from conditions of extreme heat to extreme cold