European Groove history
Up until the ‘70s aluminium windows were treated as though they were sections of wood: milling-cuts on profiles was the norm, double stop gaskets were used along with simple accessories and no perimetral locking. Between the ‘70s and the ‘80s research for better performance, simpler processing, and improved technology in hardware and seals, led extrusion manufacturers towards a shared standard. The Euro Groove is the natural result of this evolution.
What is the European Groove?
The Euro Groove is a sash-frame profile system, with a specific configuration that allows the fixing of clamp hardware.
It is the sum of dimensions that are commonly accepted and recognized as a standard in the aluminium windows sector. Benefits of Euro groove include:
- Quicker accessories mounting
- Quicker processing and reduced costs
- Higher performance against air, water and wind
Why is European Groove better?
Today Euro Groove is the most popular system in the world for profile systems with clamp accessories. It was chosen by the main international players as the gold standard to achieve high performance. The best efforts in research and development are led by European Groove system solutions.
The Euro Groove offers a series of benefits for the installer.
- Milling-cuts on profiles are no longer neccessary. For example, fixing cremonese just needs punching machines thanks to the standardization of machining. This drastically reduces working time.
- The central gasket replaced the double stop one, ensuring better water, air and wind tightness.
The force applied by the difference between inside and outside pressure in the chamber provides a perfect central gasked adherence, improving tightness (Gasked Open Joint) while still allowing unimpeded drainage (Drainage hole).
Along with the internal rabbet seal, the central gasket ensures higher acustic isolation
- The standard groove allows the insertion of the connecting rod and all the elements needed to fit every kind of different opening type.
The polyammide rod connects all components without any hole or unconfortable machining, easily trasnfering movement from the cremone to the locking points.
Accessories are pre-assembled and they can be fixed without any special machining.
Locking points are fittable along the entire window perimeter.