Cookies are small text strings that the Site sends to the user’s terminal where they are stored before being retransmitted to the Site when the user visits it the next time. There are first-party cookies (placed directly by the Company) and third-party cookies. Cookies are useful because they allow the Site to recognize the users’ device and allow them to browse pages, remembering their preferences and improving the user experience. They can also be used to deliver targeted advertising based on the user’s interests.
As a general rule, all cookies may be blocked, however, this would have an impact on the usability of the Site. Cookie settings can be changed on all the latest browsers. These settings can normally be found in the browser menu, under “Options” or “Preferences”. To find out how to manage settings, you may follow the instructions below:
• Internet Explorer: click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the window and select “Internet Options” from the menu. In the next window, select the “Privacy” tab and click on the “Advanced” button. Select “block” below “Cookie of websites” and “Third parties cookie”. To block also session cookie, deselect the function “Allow session cookie”.
• Google Chrome: click on the “Menu” icon in the top right corner (the three horizontal lines) and select “Settings” from the menu. In the window that then opens, first click on “Privacy and security”, then on “Site Settings”. In the Cookies tab, turn off “Allow sites to save and read cookie data” and turn off “Block all third-party cookies and site data”. To deactivate cookies in Chrome for Android, click on the “Menu” icon (the three horizontal lines in the top right corner) and select “Settings” from the menu. In the window that then opens, click on “Website settings” and then “Cookies”, then turn off the “Cookie” tab. By turning off the “Cookie” tab also the “Block third parties cookie” tab will be automatically turned off.
• Microsoft Edge (Project Spartan): click on the “Menu” icon (the three horizontal dots in the top right corner) and select “Settings” from the menu. After that, scroll down to the “Website authorization” drop-down menu and deselect “Allow websites to save and read cookie”.
• Mozilla Firefox: click on the “Menu” icon (the three horizontal lines in the top right corner) and select “Privacy and security” from the menu. On the next screen, select the “Enhanced tracking protection” section, select “Custom” and check mark Cookies. To obtain the same result on Android, click on the “Menu” icon (the three horizontal dots in the top right corner) and select “Settings” from the menu. On the next screen, select “Privacy”, then go to “Cookies” and uncheck the “Activate” option.
• Apple Safari: go to the application’s “Preferences”; in the next window, select “Privacy” and check “Prevent cross-site tracking” and “Block all cookies”. On iPhones, iPads, and IPod Touch you can obtain the same result by going to “Settings” in iOS (the gear icon on the home page): select Safari from the menu and go to the “Privacy and security” section. Then turn on “Block all cookie”.
For information on how to manage cookie settings in other browsers, please see the help files online. Should you require further assistance, we suggest visiting your browser’s “Help” section following the links below:
• Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
• Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
• Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox
• Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
• Safari iPhone, iPad or iPod touch: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
The Site uses the following essential cookies provided by WordPress and Magento which are necessary for the functionality of the Site itself:
- Magento – Technical cookie: https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/stores/cookie-reference.html
- WordPress – Technical cookie: https://wordpress.org/support/article/cookies/ and the following additional technical cookies: “comment_author*”, “wordpress*”,”wp*”,”cookie_notice*”.
The Site also uses statistical cookies (so-called analytics) set by Google, the types of cookie are:
- _utma: identifies each individual browser that visits a page on our website with a unique ID. Subsequent visits to the site via the same browser are recorded as belonging to the same visitor. Note: If two different people sharing the same browser and computer account access the site, their visit is recorded with only one unique ID.
- _utmb, _utmc: used to establish and continue the user session on the site.
- _utmz: stores the referral used by the user, e.g. if you have visited the site directly or have reached it via a link (advertising campaign, search engine, etc.).
With regard to these cookies, more information can be found following this link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?p=privpol_data&hl=en&visit_id=636870486605103561-932877711&rd=1. Cookie settings can be managed by following this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The Site also uses the video sharing platform YouTube, more information regarding these cookies can be found following this link: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7280190?hl=en&ref_topic=3024172.
Additionally, the Site uses a Linkedin traking code (Linkedin Insight Tag) to enable in-depth campaign reporting and obtain valuable insights about our Site visitors. The LinkedIn Insight Tag is used to track conversions, retarget Site visitors, and unlock additional insights about Linkedin members interacting with our ads on Linkedin. Here you will find additional information on the Linkedin Insight Tag https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/65521/the-linkedin-insight-tag-frequently-asked-questions?lang=en and here you will find how to manage Linkedin cookies https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out?trk=microsites-frontend_legal_cookie-policy.
The user can deactivate all the third parties’ cookie above-mentioned clicking on the links above. The user can also visit www.youronlinechoices.com/it/ which allows to manage the preferences about cookies.